> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>
>>So, even if you document every class, perhaps you should only put a few
>> filenames in .document.
>>
> Yeah, that's the answer I was looking for.

Good.  Thanks for documenting YAML in this way.  I'm looking forward to
reading it.

>>RubyGems currently creates RDoc HTML output (when asked) but not ri
>> data.  Your wish is noted, and will speed the process of getting it
>> done.
>>

> Great.  You're doing great work on RubyGems, Gavin.  Yeah, I'd think ri
> output would generally be more useful to people than the HTML
> documentation.

I'd say it's about even.  ri is great when you want a quick reminder of
something, or for some very simple exploring.  But HTML is much much
better for browsing.  And it's browsable online, so it's available
wherever you have Internet access, not just where you have a decent Ruby
installation.

We should always keep both in mind when creating the documentation.  I'm
guilty of HTML bias.

Cheers,
Gavin