Status changed from Open to Rejected

Hi,

> I could really use a steppable eval in the kernel, or a steppable Kernel::Evaluator class.  I think this would be very helpful.

Sorry for late response, but what's "steppable eval" ?
When you register the Feature ticket, please elaborate your request and
use case you expect.

Guessingly, you may want to use Fiber to stop and restart the execution
explicitly, or set_trace_func to interrupt execution step by step.

I close the ticket once.  If neither Fiber or set_trace_func can be used,
please re-register a new ticket with elaboration.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org