Issue #1685 has been updated by B Kelly.

File spatulasnout-unicode-mkdir-diffs.txt added
File test_io_unicode_paths.rb added

Hi,

I'll be needing win32 unicode path support for my current project, so I would like to try to tackle the remaining issues.

I started with a relatively easy one, Dir.mkdir

For Dir.mkdir, I took an approach similar to what was already in place for rb_sysopen(), which is that it tries to call w32_conv_to_utf16() on the path, and if it succeeds calls the new rb_w32_wmkdir() with the wide path; otherwise it falls back to calling the old rb_w32_mkdir().

Attached files should include the diffs, and a new file adding a bootstrap test for unicode paths.  (The tests currently fail, because they need a working unicode stat and unlink in order to function.)

I'm planning to attempt File.stat next, but I have some questions about it so I'll post separately.

Regards,

Bill

----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1685

----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org