Issue #2065 has been updated by Simon Chiang.

Well, what can I say?  When you put it that way I'm sure this can all seem quite trivial in the grand scheme.  Truth is most bottlenecks, including this one, are not so bad... just wait a second.  Ruby will be fine with or without an each_ancestors iterator; it's my opinion it would be better with one.

But this suggestion it would slowdown method lookup overall -- is that an issue?  I don't know.  It is interesting because if having extra methods significantly slows down the lookup then I wonder how much faster ruby would be without the many generally unused methods there are in the language.  I'm not trying to be provocative with this question, it is to me an interesting point.

Thanks for writing up a patch!  I think it's an improvement but of course I'm not always right. :)

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org