> (note the -Ic:/Tcl/include --that directory doesn't exist)
>
> that it appears to have a hard coded c drive prefix?
>
> Anyway moving Tcl to my c drive (and putting c:\tcl\bin into the path)
> appears to fix it.

I was hoping for some feedback from core and didn't put it into redmine as a bug as I viewed it as a build issue rather than a true Ruby language/implementation bug.

Thanks for the background info; helpful if I decide to look into Tcl/Tk in the future.

I still think it's due to a problem with a recent build script mod that now (incorrectly) finds the partial Tcl/Tk artifacts if you've got msysgit on PATH.

While I think the build process should be more robust in determining whether it's truly got all the Tcl/Tk dependencies it needs, I'm not taking time to learn autotools...my workaround is simply to remove c:\git\cmd from PATH for the moment. One more thing to have to remember when building Ruby on Windows, but it works :)

Jon