Hi,

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:33 AM, "Martin J. D=FCrst"
<duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> What about Encoding::InvalidByteSequenceError and similar?

Thanks for bringing these up, I was not aware of these. I'll add these
to the Exceptions that should be documented [redmine:2829]

In view of this, I'm fine with Math::DomainError.

Remaining questions:
2) should it subclass ArgumentError?
As Yusuke & Yui stated in another thread [ruby-core:28440], the
hierarchy of errors might benefit in a restructuring. Even when that
happens, DomainError shouldn't be a subclass of ArgumentError, because
it might not be caused by an argument at all, like in my example:
-1.log, if #log was defined for Numerics.

3) Are there cases where ZeroDivisionError should not be also a
Math::DomainError?