Hi,

I agree with your patch including the change of sqrt and logs.
These functions will return complex values for negative input values
in future version of ruby (I believe it is 1.9.3 or later).
So, I don't stick to them.

I feel that returning NaN isn't programmer friendly.  I think
generating NaN is need to be noticed for programmers.  Though NaN
ruins all of computations with it, the execution isn't interrupted.
Because of that, I suggest raising DomainError instead of retuning
NaN.  If raising DomainError, programmers will have to write codes
handling DomainErrors may be raised.

So far, the literal 0.0/0.0 is used for explicitly generating NaN.
Since ruby now have Float::NAN, I think 0.0/0.0 may raises DomainError.

--
Kenta Murata
OpenPGP FP =3D FA26 35D7 4F98 3498 0810 E0D5 F213 966F E9EB 0BCC

=1B$BK\$r=3Dq$-$^$7$?=1B(B!!
=1B$B!X=1B(BRuby =1B$B5U0z$-%l%7%T!Y=1B(B =
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4798119881/mrkn-22

E-mail: mrkn / mrkn.jp
twitter: http://twitter.com/mrkn/
blog: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/mrkn/