Issue #2759 has been updated by Michael Fellinger.

Well, yes, of course I want seamless support for Oniguruma, wasn't that one of the big new features of the 1.9 series?
Some of these regular expressions fill a page, and there is no way I know of to translate them automatically and keep the capture groups identical.

Here is a longer example: http://pastie.org/833906
It took me almost a week of studying and modifying that Regexp to conclude that Ruby in fact is not providing all features of Oniguruma, at first I even tried adjusting them manually and automatically.
The thing is, I cannot transform this without changing the semantics, numbering of capture groups and the like, which are important for the handling of results.
Here is a little collection of Regular expressions I fix currently to mitigate warnings and syntax errors that can be avoided: http://github.com/manveru/ver/blob/master/lib/ver/plist.rb#L167-240
I have no control over the Textmate bundles that may be thrown at this, and right now I'd have to spend days fixing regular expressions manually and praying they still work as intended, and repeating the whole process once the bundle has changed, given that I even notice it is incompatible with Rubys fork of Oniguruma in the first place, which I doubt many people will report.

So yes, please, add some way to use this flag, even if it's as a secret argument to Regexp.new, which seems to ignore flags now for some reason.
I don't even need it to be in syntax, as there is only one place where it is used (when converting from the original XML Plists to Ruby Regexp).

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org