Hi

I've been noticing that irb (and as a result script/console in rails)
don't behave correctly with Control C. Nothing would happen when I hit
control C until I hit enter or a few more keys and then it would clear
the line and show a ^C and reset to the prompt. This doesn't happen on
Linux and it didn't happen on 10.5

If there's a long running process in irb hitting control c works as
expected but not if it's just sitting at a prompt.

I played around with the ext/readline.c and found that if I put a

 rl_catch_signals = 0;

(see http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/readline.html)

in Init_readline()

Then everything works as normal. Should this be added as a patch?
Reading the readline docs it seems to me that what's happening is the
internal readline handler gets stuck sending SIGINT back to the ruby
process even though there's a trap("SIGINT") defined. Any ideas?

Andrew