Hi,

(2010/02/18 16:22), Aaron Patterson wrote:
> I would like to move my replacement (Psych[1]) in to ruby's svn so that
> people can start migrating to the new API.

You can import Psych to ruby's svn whe you think it is near to complete
because Psych will use other than ext/syck. (ext/psych?)
So both of ext/syck and ext/psych can be.

After Matz agree the name of the lib (ext/psych) and the class (Psych? YAML?),
you can import it.

> Psych has a *mostly* compatible API with Syck.  Since Psych uses
> libyaml, that means it follows the YAML spec more closely than Syck
> does.  This means that switching from Syck to Psych /will/ break things.
>
> To ensure a smooth transition, I am working with the rails team[2], and
> with Eric (for rubygems support).
>
> Is this a good plan?

Following YAML spec breaks Syck compatibility,
so working with Rails, the heavy and maniac user of YAML, is good.

> I would like to remove Syck from ruby, and release it as a gem that I
> will maintain.  That way people depending on the legacy behaviors of
> Syck will not be let down, though they will be highly encouraged to
> upgrade.

This is also good thing.

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>