Issue #2725 has been updated by Hugh Sasse.

"informative": if compact! succeeds (i.e, makes a
change) it returns the array, otherwise it returns nil.  So this is more information about what has happened than using my_array.delete(nil) which will
give nil back whatever happens (in one case as the value <i>obj</i> passed in, in the other as the standard return value).  Maybe there's a better way to put that.

I'm open to suggestions, but maybe the sentence above would suffice? "So this is ..."

[I didn't see your post when I spotted the typo as well, I must have forgotten to refresh. Thank you
for your attention to detail.]

Thank you.
Hugh

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org