Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:28029] [Bug #2709] $VERBOSE, $DEBUG and Kernel#sprintf"
    on Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:00:23 +0900, Patrik Wenger <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|Following the POLS (Principle of the least surprise), one would assume that changing the variables $VERBOSE and $DEBUG wouldn't change the behavior of Kernel#sprintf. But they do.

We don't accept any proposal with the POLS reason by default, since
the background vary person to person.  So don't be so lazy.  Explain
why YOU have assumed Kernel#sprintf not to change behavior according
to the variables $VERBOSE and $DEBUG.

							matz.