Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:28104] [Bug #2644] memory over-allocation with regexp"
    on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:36:07 +0900, Greg Hazel <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|Well, considering other regexp implementations do not have this bug, my guess would be this is either easy or a matter of switching to a better regexp parser, which probably has other benefits.

I don't know any other regex implementation that allows the current
feature set with M17N available.  Do you?

We just cannot abandon the current implementation to fix this
relatively minor issue.  Besides that, I'm afraid most DFA regex
matcher would have this issue anyway.

							matz.