Bug #2720: Segfault during multiple calls to C embedded Ruby wrapped with dl library

Author: David MARCHALAND
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.1p376 (2009-12-07 revision 26041) [x86_64-linux]

Hi Ruby developpers,

I embedded a Ruby interpreter into a C application through a shared library. This application can call more than one time Ruby interpreter during its execution. In attached testcase that illustrates my issue, this is done through a for loop : first call works as expected but next calls returns [BUG] Segmentation fault and also that some constants are already defined.

What I suppose is that calling ruby_cleanup(0) and close shared library (dlclose) is not sufficient to properly clean application memory from Ruby execution stack.

Thanks for your consideration,
David

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org