Bug #2647: Lack of testing for String#split

Author: Hugh Sasse
ruby -v: ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i386-cygwin]

Having raised the issue of docs for String#split, I see there seem to be no tests. The attached patch seems to fix this [i.e is tested against the cygwin build] and is based on the documentation (as amended by my recent suggestion).  Hope this is OK.  It is a patch against the svn ruby_1_8.

This isn't exactly a feature for Ruby, it's not drawn from Ruby Spec, and it isn't a backport, so that only leaves "bug". I'm not sure it's that, it's more an "enhancement". Unless lack of test coverage is a bug.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org