Hi,

2010/1/23 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:27722] [Feature #2635] Unbundle rdoc"
>    on Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:20:59 +0900, Yui NARUSE <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:
>
> |The rdoc in trunk is outdated and not maintained,
> |and latest rdoc is in gen.
> |
> |I think Ruby 1.9 shouldn't bundle such old rdoc.
> |People who needs rdoc should install from gem.
>
> Or bundle newer rdoc?

I don't know much about the "latest" rdoc, but according to [ruby-core:27667],
I understand that simply updating causes compatibility problem because:

> The latest RDoc no longer has the HTML generator at all.

The reporter in [ruby-core:27656] followed proper reporting procedure (i.e.,
tested and patched against 1.9 trunk).  Ruby's development process is wrong.
It is too confusing for rdoc to have independent trunk.
In [ruby-core:27667],

> I fixed this memory issue by deleting the file.

is equal to "I fixed in my own envirionment!"  It does not answer.

I wonder why some standard libraries (RubyGems, Rake, rdoc, etc.) need
to have independent development process and independent release.
I said in [ruby-core:26679], they should be developed and released with
ruby core if they are really parts of ruby core.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>