On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:22:25AM +0900, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> I'm just working zlib for JRuby now. Just out of curiosity, what are
> you using crc32_combine and adler32_combile for?

I have a process that feeds me checksums and chunks of data, but those
chunks are getting buffered to be sent later (without the previously
mentioned process's knowledge).  Since the data is getting buffered, the
checksum must be recalculated.

Since my process has access to the checksums and length, it's easier to
use crc32_combine rather than recalculate the checksums for each string
(again).

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/