On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:36 AM, THAKUR PRASHANT SINGH
<Prashant_Singh.Thakur / alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am getting an error while updating gems in my system.
> Its pointing to a shared drive which doesn't exist now.
> How can I freshly install ruby and gems to get rid of this error.
> I have done reinstallation but it doesn't work
> =3D>gem update --system Updating RubyGems
> ERROR: =A0While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)
> =A0 =A0No such file or directory - U:
>
> My ruby and gem versions are
> Ruby:
>
> ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [i386-mswin32]
>
> Gem
> 1.3.1

Normal operation issues with Ruby and RubyGems suit better ruby-talk
than ruby-core

If gems are trying to install in drive U: maybe there is something in
your environment that is forcing that, either a environment variable
like GEM_HOME and/or GEM_PATH, your own home directory configuration
or gemrc configuration file.

Execute "gem env" and see if any of the installation directories,
configuration for gem locations or other path references U: drive.
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-