> I've heard lots of people say that the similarity of names presents a
> problem, but I've seen no evidence that there's actually a problem.
> I've only very, very rarely heard anyone express confusion, and the
> confusion only lasts for about two seconds until the difference is
> explained:

Yeah that's how it was with me, too.  First time you run into it you
wonder "is this related to the Singleton module?" then you get used to
it.  Since it's already ingrained my vote is still with
singleton_class.

Or here's another:

self_class

:)

though I don't actually care which one gets chosen, we'll all just get
used to it.

-r