Hi,

  In mail "Re: Proposed patch to add SSL support to net/pop.rb"
    Daniel Hobe <daniel / nightrunner.com> wrote:

> v3 of the patch:
>
> A few more cleanups.  I've tested this against the courier POP server but not
> with APOP.

> -    #     Net::POP3.start(address, port, account, password) {|pop|
> +    #     Net::POP3.start(address, port, account, password,
> +    #                     isapop, usessl, certs, verify) {|pop|

I think that #start has taken too many parameters.
How do you think about adding POP3#use_ssl= method,
such as Net::HTTPS?  For example,

  pop = Net::POP.new(...)
  pop.use_ssl = true
  pop.ssl_context = ...
  pop.start {
  }

This code is little longer than yours, but the intention
is more clear.

Best Regards,
Minero Aoki