Feature #2480: request to add GC::Profiler.time method

Author: Roger Pack

currently we have
GC::Profiler.enable
# ... stuff
report = GC::Profiler.result # report is set to a verbose ascii string

What I would like is to be able to add garbage time to profiling information [i.e. "within this method, of the total time that was used, GC took 42ms")

GC::Profiler.time
=> float of the total time used (ms).

or could call it time_used or total_time or whatever.

Then it would make adding GC time to profiler time much faster, as I wouldn't have to parse the result output each time to calculate my own total (it would just be a matter of calling Profiler.time, seeing if the time has increased since last setting).

Thanks.
-r

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org