--Signature=_Sun__28_Mar_2004_13_13_11_+0000_L+OCeCtkCHd7cE_M

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:58:41 +0900
Mauricio Fern=E1ndez <batsman.geo / yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 09:42:42AM +0900, why the lucky stiff wrote:
::snip? SNIP!::
> > batsman, what is happening with this bug?  If you're still getting this=
,=20
> > I'd really like to see a script.  If you're not getting it, can you say=
=20
> > why you were getting it?  Just don't want to see this sort of scary=20
> > happenin.
>=20
> I'm working on it -- the bug happens during some rather long unit tests
> and I want to isolate the test case responsible for this. You can expect
> more news soon.

Please, please, please, please, please, please... this has been driving me =
crazy for almost two years now.  Each time I upgrade, the bug is still ther=
e, but the trigger changes.  In my experience, it's happened when there's a=
 whole lot of string-handling going on for long periods of time (or even mo=
re string-handling for shorter periods of time)

> BTW, the unit tests are proving to be a great crash test suite for ruby,
> I'm getting all sorts of crashes (segfault, unknown node, method xxx
> called on finalized object, etc) and infinite loops ;)

I've experienced the first two relatively consistently since 1.6.8.  Additi=
onally, now that the app I work on/use most of the time uses YAML, I see th=
e error "appear" in yaml most of the time.  However, in a previous app that=
 didn't use YAML, the error appeared in various other files.  It's also app=
eared in profiler.rb.  HTH!

>=20
> --=20
> Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
> batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com
>=20
> Beeping is cute, if you are in the office ;)
> 	-- Alan Cox

--=20
| Never bend your head! Always hold it high! Look   |
|   the world straight in the face!                 |
|     -- Helen Keller                               |
) http://www.cuodan.net/~xsdg/    xsdg / freenode.org (