Issue #2294 has been updated by Suraj Kurapati.

Hi,

matz writes:
> Suraj Kurapati writes:
> |please note that I also provided a second example that uses libpcl[1]
>
> As far as I understand, libpcl is under GPL, that cannot be used in
> the core Ruby.  Since Ruby is not covered by GPL only.

My patch simply adds a ruby_bind_stack() method to the Ruby C API:

  ruby_bind_stack_r25604.patch      (attached to Feature #2294)

It does *not* use ucontext, libpcl, pthreads or any other coroutine
libraries.  These libraries are only used in the example test cases
I provided to demonstrate how the ruby_bind_stack() function can be
used to embed Ruby inside a coroutine environment:

  ruby-libpcl-dynamic-stack.tgz     (attached to Feature #2294)
  ruby-libpcl-static-stack.tgz      (attached to Feature #2294)
  ruby-ucontext-static-stack.tgz    (attached to Feature #2294)
  ruby-ucontext-dynamic-stack.tgz   (attached to Feature #2294)

So there is no problem about license compatibility, right?

Thanks for your consideration.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org