NARUSE, Yui wrote:
> Joshua Hull wrote:
>> FYI, this exist:
>>
>> http://github.com/cesare/ruby-libc-libyaml
>
> It seems not bad.
> But it doesn't have YAML/Syck API compatibility.
> If it want to replace YAML/Syck, it is required.

This is going to be pretty tricky to achieve - many of the things that
make the Syck API work the way it does is tied quite heavily to the
implementation - as someone who's implemented 3-4 different YAML
engines, it's pretty hard to create something that has the same API
without making it a direct port.

I think at this stage someone will have to decide how much breakage is
actually OK - because there will be lots of breakage.

Cheers
--
  Ola Bini (http://olabini.com)
   Ioke - JRuby - ThoughtWorks