Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:26508] Re: HashWithIndifferentAccess to core"
    on Wed, 4 Nov 2009 05:33:06 +0900, Jeremy Kemper <jeremy / bitsweat.net> =
writes:

|> With making huge hole for confusion? =A0Putting 1.8 compatibility aside,
|> I believe all 1.9 code should use symbols for such cases, so the needs
|> for HashWithIndifferentAccess (or whatever name) will become less.
|
|Ah, your preference is for Ruby 1.9 code to convert external key/value
|data from String =3D> String to Symbol =3D> String? This does address the
|core concern of addressing external k/v data with string keys using
|meaningful symbols. But it's slower: all keys must be converted to
|symbols up-front rather than lazily, when accessed.

Don't take me too serious (although I know it's difficult, since I am
the responsible).  I have never felt I need HashWithIndifferentAccess
in my programming life, so my opinion is biased.  You've explained
somewhat in [ruby-core:26507], but I still need more comprehension.
In general, blurring type differences (string and symbols in this
case), is a code smell.

							matz.