Hi,

In message "Re: patch to tempfile.rb to handle ENAMETOOLONG"
    on 04/03/11, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / PATH.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

|> Handling ENAMETOOLONG sounds nice, but is it OK to chop off path name,
|> or should we just raise exception?
|
|Is the name of a tempfile significant, as long as it is unique? It looks
|like tempfile.rb makes an effort (10 tries) to find a unique name. Each
|try, it increments a counter at the end of the name:

OK, I understand the whole problem now.  Thank you for clarify
things.  The only problem left is Errno::ENAMETOOLONG is not always
defined.  This points me that there's no nice way to handle exceptions
which may not be defined on some platforms.  Any idea anyone?

							matz.