On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
> I'm surprised to hear that gems.rubyforge.org will be stood down.
> The default repository of rubygems should be dependable because
> it is now a part of ruby. It should not be changed so easily.

The default repository would never be changed without a careful migration plan.

Gemcutter will be the official RubyGems source. It will live at
rubygems.org. gems.rubyforge.org will not stop working, it will be
transparently migrated to the new source.

All gems published to RubyForge are automatically synchronized with
GemCutter, and gem requests sent to gems.rubyforge.org will forward to
rubygems.org when the transition is complete.

Does this help your concerns, or do you have others?

~ j.