Excerpts from Yukihiro Matsumoto's message of Mon Oct 26 15:24:12 +0200 2009:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:26318] [Feature #1697](Open) Object#<=>"
>     on Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:14:08 +0900, Marc-Andre Lafortune <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:
>
> |In rb_obj_cmp, the rb_obj_equal is redundant. Did you mean the following?
>
> It's a grain of optimization to reduce function call.

rb_obj_equal() is implemented just as ==, though, so it is
redundant unless I am missing something? I would assume that
the intended function was rb_eql() instead?

Marc-Andre's rb_equal() suggestion combines the two, although
it uses id_eq, not id_eql, so I can see where avoiding that
would be slightly better in performance.

Wishing there were fewer equality functions
or at least more variance in their names,
                                            Eero

--
Magic is insufficiently advanced technology.