On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<headius / headius.com> wrote:
> I ran some benchmarks as well... JRuby's threaded enumerators spin up
> 5-20x times slower than 1.9's, but nowhere near as slow as 1.8.7.
> 1.8.7 seems to be broken it's so bad, and it shoots up to 400-500MB
> during this benchmark:

It's worth mentioning that in both the threaded and lightweight cases,
we've implemented it all in Ruby (with minor modifications to
Enumerator's Java code). So lightweight enumeration in JRuby is nearly
4x faster than 100% native Fiber-based enumeration in 1.9. So the cost
from Fiber-based enumeration is really high.

- Charlie