Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask for clarification about Method#name behavior. This
comes from rubyspec area.

In MRI 1.8.7, Method#name returns a String. And the ruby-docs says so
as well. Some time in the past, MRI 1.9 was also  returning strings,
it seems. But then, the behavior in 1.9 has been changed to return a
Symbol.

So, in short:
1. 1.8.7: #name returns strings. #methods returns array of strings.
2. 1.9: #name returns symbols. #methods returns array of symbols.

Seems consistent across the same versions.
Is that how it is supposed to be?

But if we are considering 1.8.7 as a step towards 1.9, maybe the
behavior should be the same for 1.9 and 1.8.7+ branch?

P.S. For various non-MRI implementations, it seems that some return
strings, and others return symbols, so it would be good to clarify
this once and for all.

Thanks,
  --Vladimir