> 1) I believe the current trunk always return what I think you the "pretty=
 float" style.

> 0.1.to_s =A0# =3D=3D> "0.1"

Currently #to_s returns the "pretty float" iff the current binary
representation is the round trip.

i.e.
0.1.to_s =3D> "0.1"
(1.0 - 0.9).to_s =3D>  "0.09999999999999998"

I'm quite happy with the fact that it returns the more exact way--I am
just not wanting to make others users angry, since most users don't
actually want to get that from, say the following script:

print 1.0 - 0.9

> Finally, I'm closing this as this is not a bug report. If you really woul=
d like to have a string representation that is the closest approximation to=
 the platform dependent representation of a given float, please open a feat=
ure request for it explaining why you would need this and how you would use=
 this.

Odd.  I had thought I was submitting a feature request but must have
gotten my clicks messed up.
Thanks!
Thoughts?
-r