On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Tanaka Akira <akr / fsij.org> wrote:
> Ruby behaved similar until you modified Ruby GC to remove
> stopped (non-main) threads from GC roots by my idea
> [ruby-dev:28154].
>
> I don't surprise Java don't have the idea.

I'm can't tell if you are surprised or not, but I will try to research
it. In general, you don't get much control over how objects are rooted
on the JVM, and it's very simple for them to say "Threads root
objects" without exception.

JVM experts may be able to give me more information about this, but I
suspect there's no way to say "this thread does not root any objects",
at least from Java code.

- Charlie