Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:25745] [Bug #2114] Array Hash inconsistency"
    on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:25:05 +0900, Wim Yedema <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|Isn't it the case that container classes, whatever implementation they may have, should have as much the same API as possible? This would increase the usefulness of mixins like Enumerable (which is already a bit odd for Hash, eg { 'foo' => 0, 'bar'=> 1}.max returns ['foo', 0])

Your statement is still a bit vague.  Hash can be seen as a collection
of key-value pair, or Array can be seen as an integer-indexed associative
array.  Ruby takes the former.  You seem to seek the latter.

Both approaches are consistent, I think.  But I am afraid that we have
to break a lot of existing code to implement your definition of
"consistency".

							matz.