Issue #2134 has been updated by Run Paint Run Run.

> this is not a bug report.
> this is not a matter for rational and complex.
> close by yourself.

It was not my intention to cause offense or annoyance...  :-/ In my experience the BTS is the most efficient and expedient way to seek clarification for issues concerning trunk development. If there's a preferred alternative, I'd appreciate a pointer. In any case, I can't close tickets.

In case I was simply unclear: Rational#inspect and Complex#inspect both exhibited this useful property previously. The change was predicated on the introduction of rational/complex literals. If said literals are still planned, this can be regarded as a request for confirmation and a tracking ticket, along with consideration of returning to the previous behavior in the interim. If they are not planned it can be regarded as a request for reconsidering the change in light of its premise being invalidated.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org