On 2009/09/09 19:02, Yui NARUSE wrote:
> Issue #2054 has been updated by Yui NARUSE.

>>> Pound Sign (U+00A3) is non-ASCII.
>>> Dollar Sign (U+0024) is in ASCII (but Cent Sign is non-ASCII).
>> We need to re-think the ASCII restriction. Documenting a Unicode regular
>> expression library without being able to use Unicode in the examples is somewhat limiting.
>> See below for an alternative.
>
> Some editors still don't support UTF-8 or
> some  environmets don't have fonts.

I'm sure you can find examples of these, but they are getting rarer and
rarer. If somebody cannot see all the details of an example, that's a
pity, but I think it should be balanced against all those people who
will see the example and understand it much better because they see the
characters directly.

What would be more of a problem is that some committers' editors would
mess up UTF-8 when they made changes elsewere in the file. Do we have
such cases?

Maybe we can split out the examples with actual Unicode characters into
a separate file?

Regards,    Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp