--000feaed5d5f47d8980472c8f96b

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Eleanor McHugh <
eleanor / games-with-brains.com> wrote:

> The point I suspect that a lot of those pushing for the move to git are
> missing is that the current core team are comfortable with SVN. There has to
> be a compelling argument for how the change would support their existing
> workflow but from what I've read the pressure is mainly about how git will
> appeal to a broader community: a community that if it were really so keen
> for extending development could already fork MRI and take the codebase in
> new directions.

That has actually already happened with Ruby Enterprise Edition. I do not
consider this a good thing.

--
Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard

--000feaed5d5f47d8980472c8f96b

The point I suspect that a lot of those pushing for the move to git are missing is that the current core team are comfortable with SVN. There has to be a compelling argument for how the change would support their existing workflow but from what I&#39;ve read the pressure is mainly about how git willppeal to a broader community: a community that if it were really so keen for extending development could already fork MRI and take the codebase in new directions.<br>

Ellie<br><font color="#888888">
Eleanor McHugh<br>
Games With Brains<br>
----<br>