2009/9/4 Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org>:

>> - people who insist on doing so can still use a SVN mirror
>
> You're saying to move to Git while mirroring that Git repo with SVN? Can that
> be possible?

That's certainly possible. SVN can store any code git can. It just
lacks the tools for working with the code and I would be surprised if
there was no tool for importing changesets from git to SVN.

However, there's not much difference between having a official SVN
repository and official git mirror or the other way around for the
outside world. Perhaps making git the primary repository would make it
easier for some of the core developers to use git's additional
features not available in svn. However, that's a decision for Ruby
core developers if they want these features or not.

Thanks

Michal