2009/9/4 Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org>:
> Jon wrote:
>>> Some commiter of Ruby live on Windows.
>>> And windows port of git, msysgit, is still preview (cygwin port is not acceptable).
>>> So we can't move to git.
>>
>> As a user of msysgit on Win2K, WinXP, and Vista machines I've found the current msysgit preview to be very usable. While I personally prefer Mercurial, I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Git and Github.
>
> That's not the point. The problem on msysGit is that it IS a preview. It's
> not a matter of stability. We cannot believe a preview product especially when
> that preview software is a fundamental tool to us, such as git.

And if I made a new site that offered the same package and labeled it
final would you trust it then?

What is preview or final or stable is relative to the developer
releasing the package.

At the very least

 - this preview package has been tested by people writing here (and
probably many more elsewhere) so it can be labeled final by popular
vote

 - people who insist on doing so can still use a SVN mirror

Thanks

Michal