Run Paint Run Run wrote:
> Feature #2033: Move Core Development to Git

+1

While I appreciate that I could (and did) already use git with ruby source
code through either git-svn or other people's conversions from SVN like
http://github.com/rubyspec/matzruby/tree/master , collaborations between
such repositories would be more pleasant if they all had an official
common ancestor.

Maybe as a small step in this direction the ruby project could first
publish an official svn->git conversion of their own (or adopt the
one on github.com/rubyspec) and insure that it's kept up-to-date?

The postgresql project has done similar, where http://git.postgresql.org
hosts an automated mirror of the cvs repository that is still the
place where their core team commits patches.   It seems to me that
many of the patches submitted now come from individual developer's clones
of that git repository.   IMHO this comes in especially useful during
code reviews, where patch reviewers sometimes interact with the patch
writers through such repositories:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-11/msg00303.php