> Some commiter of Ruby live on Windows.
> And windows port of git, msysgit, is still preview (cygwin port is not acceptable).
> So we can't move to git.

As a user of msysgit on Win2K, WinXP, and Vista machines I've found the current msysgit preview to be very usable.  While I personally prefer Mercurial, I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Git and Github.

The only difficulty I've had so far is the age old issue of line endings, which is easily solved by setting "core.autocrlf = false" globally.  I use an editor (gvim) that understands both styles of line endings and there are many other good editors (free and non-free) on Windows that do the same.

Have any of the Ruby-committers-living-on-Windows actually had any specific problems with msysgit?

Jon