Sorry guys, hope this mail is better and this is content of my original
post:

Hello,

While studying win32-unicode-test branch, I wonder why there is no
platform independent interface? Code such as

#ifdef _WIN32
    if (_wchdir((WCHAR *)RSTRING_PTR(path)) < 0)
#else
    if (chdir(RSTRING_PTR(path)) < 0)
#endif

should actually look as

if (pi_chdir(RSTRING_PTR(path)) < 0)

where "pi" stands for "platform independent" and later on, there should be n platform specific files macro redefining this call to platform specific all, e.g.

in win32.h, there would be #define pi_chdir(p)
 rb_w32_chdir((WCHAR *)p)
in macosx, there would be #define pi_chdir(p)
 rb_apple_chdir(p)
in posix, there would be #define pi_chdir(p)                chdir(p)

The code is now so much cluttered by platform specific that it is almost
unreadable and hard to maintain.

Vit