2009/8/31 Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Yusuke ENDOH<mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
>> I cannot guess the problem you want to solve.  I know this mail
>> is just discussion log or reminder, but I'd like you to elaborate
>> your proposal completely when sending to ruby-core.
>
> Perhaps I'm mistaken but I think that besides the 'syntax' difference,
> Yehuda's intent was that something like this would work:
>

> class Person
>    def speak(str)
>         str
>    end
> end
>
> p = Person.new
>
> p.speak("hello") #=> "hello"
>
> module LoudSpeaker
>   def speak(str)
>         super(str.upcase)
>   end
>   end
> end
>
> class Person
>    prepend Voice
> end
>
> p.speak("hello") #=> "HELLO"

Even if it is Yehuda's intent, I cannot see yet when it is necessary.

Indeed, we can define and refine classes dynamically, but I don't think
that the feature's abuse is recommended.  I think we should consider
more actual circumstances than Person#speak to determine whether it is
surely needed.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>