On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Joel VanderWerf<vjoel / path.berkeley.edu> w=
rote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>>
>> I think multiple procs followed by a block is code smell therefore it
>> should be difficult to read and clumsy to write by default.
>
> Right. And anyway, taking many arguments is code smell, isn't it?

No. Ruby has special syntax for Hash as last arg, after all.

> To pass more than one proc to a method, we have:
>
> run_with_handlers do
> =A0on :enter do ... end
> =A0on :leave do ... end
> =A0on :timeout, 10 do ... end
> end
>
> Is there a compelling example of passing multiple procs in an argument li=
st?

run enter: -> { ... },
    leave: -> { ... },
  timeout: -> { ... }

Your example is the compelling one. If you don't like the style,
that's your taste. It is compelling for others.

jeremy