On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Jeremy Kemper<redmine / ruby-lang.org> wrote=
:
> Issue #1494 has been updated by Jeremy Kemper.
>

> Please revert this change. It's causing major issues for everyone BUT win=
dows.

> http://groups.google.com/group/rack-devel/browse_thread/thread/a2aab3a472=
0f34c4

> Please restore the previous, sane behavior and come up a different, non-r=
egressive fix for the original concern.

> It's bad enough, and there's no response to the issue, to fork the tempfi=
le stdlib: http://github.com/FooBarWidget/better/blob/master/lib/better/tem=
pfile.rb#L28

Sorry to chime in, but why when it rescue the Errno::EACCES, it
doesn't close and then retry? Instead of just silently fail.

http://github.com/FooBarWidget/better/blob/master/lib/better/tempfile.rb#L3=
36

If the error is known, and the workaround is also known, why we should
keep rescuing this in our when when the library is just plainly
ignoring it?

--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17