Issue #1889 has been updated by Run Paint Run Run.

Yui,

Thanks for your help. :-) I've written a script (http://github.com/runpaint/onig/tree/master) which parses UnicodeData.txt to create the consts for the property mappings. It runs on 1.8.7 and `miniruby`. The output is at http://gist.github.com/169862 .

IIRC, static consts only have the scope of the file they're declared in. If we're going to move the property consts to a new file, how do you want them declared? If we're to keep the data and logic in the same file then I could produce one patch per property table so as to keep the diffs somewhat readable. Your call. :-)

I haven't tried to update the non-property consts because they mostly rely on other data files. Once we decide how to arrange the consts I'll expand the script to generate the remainder.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org