> Those files (such as node.h) are not installed by design because core tea=
> want to prevent them to be used.
> They are just for internal. =A0The compatibility is not ensured at all.

It is true that the current way is safer and more portable.
However there are a handful of gems that require more, for example,
ruby-debug and rice.

> I guess that ruby-debug is an extension of ruby-core rather than an exten=
sion
> library. =A0So it is inevitable and reasonable to gain the source of ruby=
.

> After ruby-debug becomes stable, you should suggest the integration of
> ruby-debug to the core of ruby.

Good idea.
Another option would be for someone to create a gem that includes the
header files for the various [released] patch versions of rubys.

Thoughts?
=3Dr