Issue #1857 has been updated by Jason Roelofs.

What about the many other libraries that exist to dig into, or work directly with, the Ruby node structure? Like Nodewrap, RubyNode, ParseTree (http://blog.zenspider.com/2009/04/parsetree-eol.html), Rice, etc.

Are they all supposed to work towards being included into Ruby core / Ruby stdlib? I think authors / maintainers of these libraries, myself included, will completely understand that accessing this information may change across versions if we can at least get proper access to this information.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org