Hi,

2009/8/2 Roger Pack <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> Feature #1857: install *.h and *.inc
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1857
>
> Author: Roger Pack
>
> This is a request for installation procedure to save away more of the source files, for use later by gems.
> See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/24666

Those files (such as node.h) are not installed by design because core team
want to prevent them to be used.
They are just for internal.  The compatibility is not ensured at all.

I guess that ruby-debug is an extension of ruby-core rather than an extension
library.  So it is inevitable and reasonable to gain the source of ruby.

After ruby-debug becomes stable, you should suggest the integration of
ruby-debug to the core of ruby.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>