--------------enig1D4F4BB3D9FBF0C2DE54E45D

Yehuda Katz wrote:
> I am unsure what the correct solution is, but having a more explicit way
> in Ruby to handle class reloading (which we already do in Rails, and
> it's an important feature) would be very helpful.

What you need here is so-called a "process checkpointing": and is a very heavy
problem.  I don't know of any pure-userland solution.  All implementations I
know in this area requires some or less kernel helps.  So, in general, it's not
Ruby who should do that role; ask your operationg system.

# Let me know any studies around pure-userland process checkpointing.
# I'm personally interested in it.