Issue #1595 has been updated by Pat Parslow.

I don't know if this has been solved anywhere else, but I had the same problem and it appears to be that Gem.bin_path is returning a string with quotes around it, which is then causing a problem for load.
If you change ruby\bin\rake to end with this:
load Gem.bin_path('rake', 'rake', version).gsub("\"","")
it gets around the problem.

Not a Redmine problem, I guess, but this issue comes up at the top of a Google search for the error message, so hopefully this can help people while I figure out who/where needs fixing to do the job properly!

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org